If you’re in a crash on your bicycle, be sure to follow this list of tips:
- Take a moment and breathe. Assess your health, and don’t move if you feel injured. Remember that your own well-being is of primary importance.
- Wait for police to respond (they may only arrive if an injury is reported)
- Get prompt medical care
- Do not admit fault
- Do not talk to insurance reps
- Do not most on social media
- File a police report as soon as possible
- Preserve evidence (clothes, bike, bike parts, photos, videos)
- Contact an experienced bike collisions lawyer.
Write down as much of this information as possible, and take photos and/or videos of the scene from various angles:
- License Plate Number
- Driver Info (Name, address, phone, email, license, insurance)
- Witness Info (name, phone, email)
- Location (City, street, approximate address)
If your loved one was killed in a bicycle crash, you can reach out to SoCal Families for Safe Streets, a project of Los Angeles Walks.