- This event has passed.
BEST Class: Bike 2 – Rules of the Road – Santa Clarita
April 21, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Do you want to make bicycling part of your daily travel routine, but you’re not sure where to start? The Intro to City Bicycling Class, presented by Metro, Santa Clarita Valley Bicycle Coalition, the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC), and the City of Santa Clarita, will help you learn how to bike on city streets safely. This is a free 2-hour class for adults and teens who would like to learn how to safely and legally ride on city roads. We will teach you the rules of the road, how to plan your route, and provide tips and trips to make bicycling for everyday travel safe and convenient. From what to wear to bicycling etiquette, we’ve got you covered!
All class participants get a free helmet and a set of bike lights!
Who Should Sign-Up: If you are comfortable getting on a bike, but might be nervous about navigating neighborhood streets, then this class may be for you. This class will help you understand the rules of the road and provide practical skills so that riders are able to navigate city streets safely and use bikes for everyday travel.
What You’ll Learn:
- Things to Know Before Hitting the Streets: ABC Quick Check / Route Planning / Bike Parking / Bike Infrastructure
- Biking on City Streets: Rules of the Road / Navigating Common Hazards
- Biking and Transit: Riding around Transit / Taking bikes on trains and buses
- Bike Services / Events Offered by Metro
Class Date: Saturday April 21, 2018. 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Class Location: Santa Clarita. Once your attendance is confirmed, you will receive the exact location.
Class Duration: 2 hours
Class Size: Class size is limited. Pre-registration is required. Sign up for the class at this Eventbrite page.
What You’ll Need:
- Please bring your bike in good working condition. We recommend getting a tune up at your local bike shop if you haven’t ridden your bike in a long time or if you aren’t sure that it’s working well.
- All participants will get a free helmet and a set of bike lights.
This class is sponsored by Metro’s Bicycle Education Safety Training (BEST) Program. For more events, classes, and rides visit: www.metro.net/gobike.