Thursday, May 17th is Bike to Work Day and LACBC will be setting up pit stops across the county along with our chapters and partners. Below you’ll find a listing and map of all of our locations. Get into the spirit by volunteering at one of the pit stops.
Also after biking to work, don’t forget to bike from work to our Handlebar Happy Hour at Gulp Sushi Alehouse from 6 PM – 8 PM.
LACBC Pit Stop Locations:
- Burbank (Pure Cycles, 713 N Victory Blvd. at Chandler): 7 AM – 10 AM.
- Canoga Park (Canoga Park Metro Station, Canoga & Sherman Way): 7 AM – 9 AM. Volunteer.
- Downtown LA (LACBC, 634 S. Spring St.): 7 AM – 9 AM. Volunteer.
- Echo Park (Bankers Supply, Sunset & Echo Park Ave.): 7 AM – 9 AM. Volunteer
- Eylsian Valley (Spoke Bicycle Cafe, 3050 N Coolidge Ave.): 8 AM – 10 AM.
- North Hollywood (North Hollywood Metro Station, 5357 Lankershim Blvd.): 7 AM – 9 AM. Volunteer.
- South LA (Metro Slauson Station, 1700 Slauson Ave.): 7 AM – 9 AM. Volunteer.
- West LA (LA Brakeless, 12220 Venice Blvd.): 7 AM – 9AM
- Westlake (MacArthur Park, 7th & Alvarado): 7 AM – 9AM. Volunteer.
Handlebar Happy Hours:
- Bike Culver City – Culver Hotel (9400 Culver Blvd, Culver City) 6 PM – 7 PM
- Montebello Bicycle Coalition – Montebello City Hall (1600 W. Beverly Blvd.) ride to Juan Great Fiesta 6:30 PM
- Santa Monica Spoke – Bareburger (2732 Main Street, Santa Monica) Details here.
- Walk Bike Burbank – Verdugo West Brewing (156 West Verdugo Ave, Burbank) 5 PM – 8 PM. Details here.
For the past three years, LACBC has been highlighting stories of cyclists from across the county for a series we call LACBC Everywhere. LA County has a lot to offer in terms of places to ride, but the experiences that shape us. Here are 2018’s profiles (updated throughout the month).
Throughout the month LACBC will be hosting a number of classes and presentations to teach you how to make simple repairs on your bike, tips on how to ride through city traffic and educate you about infrastructure and how our laws are written:
- Thursday, May 3 – Dutch Traffic Law and Bicycles – a dialogue with Dutch students
- Thursday, May 10 – Roadside Bike Repair Class
- Tuesday, May 15 – LACBC City Cycling Class
- Wednesday, May 16 – Future of Cycling in LA (UCLA)
- Thursday, May 24 –Rock Miller Presentation: 85th Percentile
Bikes are for riding and that’s a big part of this month. Join us and our chapters for one throughout May:
- Saturday, May 5 – Ride Around Pomona
- Saturday, May 5 – Downey Bicycle Coalition Family Fun Ride
- Sunday, May 6 – Sunday Funday
- Saturday, May 12 – Metro BEST Ride: Santa Monica Community Garden Tour
- Saturday, May 19 – Metro BEST Ride: Ride Back in Time to the Montebello Adobe Museum
- Sunday, May 20 – Metro BEST Ride: Discover the Hidden Gems of Culver City
- Wednesday, May 16 – Ride of Silence (North Hollywood)
- Saturday, May 19 – Ride of Silence (Long Beach)
- Sunday, June 3 – LA River Ride