Downtown Bike Network Open House
When: Wednesday, May 30th, 5pm to 8pm
Where: Aiso Plaza at Judge John Aiso Street & 1st Street
Why: Join Council District 14 for this community open house event is to learn about the expansion of the bicycle network in downtown Los Angeles and what the increased connectivity can mean for residents, workers, and visitors. Council District 14 is hosting this open house in partnership with the Downtown LA Neighborhood Council, the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, and the Los Angeles Department of Transportation.
The event will highlight projects and planning efforts that are making Downtown LA even more transit friendly and will make the walking and biking experience in Downtown LA even more practical and enjoyable. Please join us for this fun community open house event!
A number of organizations and agencies will be at the Open House event to provide information on mobility issues and improvements in Downtown Los Angeles including:
- LA City Planning Department - learn about the city's Mobility Element update and provide input
- CicLAvia - check out new potential routes and expansion plans
- Bike Nation - learn more about bike sharing
- Los Angeles Streetcar, Inc - view the maps of the preferred routes of the downtown streetcar
- Melendrez Design Partners - see plans for bicycle, pedestrian, and transit improvements on Figueroa Street
- Metro - learn about the Regional Connector plans and integration of bikes with transit